- Empire State School Press Association (ESPPA), speaker on interviewing techniques, October 2016 and 2015.
- Edward R. Murrow Program for International Journalist, speaker on journalism and democracy, 2016 (upcoming), 2015 and 2014.
- Editor, Democracy in Action, Election Day 2016 (upcoming), 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.
- Mirror Awards Judge, April 2016.
- Active participant in the planning and execution of the Newspaper & Online Journalism Department’s first Spring Workshop, April 2016.
- Member, Newhouse Doctoral Program Review Committee (Fall 2012).
- President, Newhouse Doctoral Association. Started the Newhouse Research Blog at newhouseresearch.wordpress.com (2012-2013).
- Member, Science Communication Professor Search Committee (Spring 2013—Fall 2013).
- Reviewer, Environmental Communication Division, International Communication Association (December 2012 for ICA’s 2013 Conference.)
COMMUNITY SERVICE (VOLUNTEER)
- Small-table facilitator, Onondaga Lake Watershed Visioning Session, for the Onondaga Lake Partnership (June 2012).
- Co-lead facilitator, Forum on Civil Discourse, for FOCUS Greater Syracuse (February 2011).
- Community Image Study Committee Member, Onondaga Citizens League (2010).
- Web support, Auburn Community Mosaic Project (2010).
- Green Study Committee Member, Onondaga Citizens League (2009).
- Facebook development and training, Hospice of the Finger Lakes (2009).
- 40 Below, co-founder (2004).
- International Communications Association
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Investigative Reporters and Editors
- Online News Association